Novanet Express is a service developed and used by Novanet libraries to allow them to share books and other items with each other. If you see a book in the Novanet library catalogue that is available at another institution it can be delivered to you quickly for free!
Books can be delivered to any Novanet library that is most convenient for you. Delivery time is within 3-5 business days.
Journal articles may also be delivered to the Novanet Library of your choice within 3-5 business days. Please note that some libraries offer the option of delivery to a fax number supplied by the patron. If you would prefer to receive an article by email, please request it using the form under Interlibrary Loan.
When your book or article arrives, you will receive a notice in your NSCAD email to pick up your item(s) at the Library. Items are held for 5 days from delivery.
Accessing the item record:
1. Access the Novanet catalogue from home or library computers.
2. Search for an item.
3. Click on the item title.
4. In the full record display, click on "Find in Library/Request".
5. Under "Request Options" click on "Sign in to Request".
Type in the 14-digit barcode number found on your NSCAD ID card
Type your password (the last 4 digits of your phone number).
*If your login is unsuccessful please contact us ( email@example.com )
Complete the Request:
1. Choose a pickup location and click on submit.
2. For a photocopy request, fill in the required fields on the form, choose your delivery method (and pickup library if being delivered by mail), and click 'submit'
1. You will be notified in your NSCAD email account if your request has been filled or cancelled.
2. You will then be notified in your NSCAD email account when it arrives at your chosen pickup location.
Are you a NSCAD student, staff or faculty member searching the Novanet Catalogue and not finding what you need?
Use this form to order items from libraries outside the Novanet system.
Outside Novanet Policies and Procedures page if you have questions or are having problems using the form.Check the Borrowing/Lending
The NSCAD Library is a partner in an interlibrary loan group called ASIN-DDG. We use an automated system called Relais to manage the delivery of materials from one library to another. This system allows us to quickly order books, articles and other media from libraries in the Atlantic region, across Canada, and around the world. In turn, we loan our circulating materials to patrons of libraries outside the Novanet system.
As a partner in Novanet, we also participate in a free document delivery service between Novanet libraries called Novanet Express.